How Food Affects Your Mood?
You never want to treat a symptom directly without understanding the underlying cause. One of the big problems with traditional medicines is that they treat the symptom, like depression for example, without looking at the real cause.
The food and mood connection factors:
• Potassium - Helps calm your heart and promote sleep
• B vitamins - Help ease anxiety and promote sleep (best source is nutritional yeast)
• Calcium - Helps you relax and reduces stress
• Omega 3 - Promotes brain health
• Iodine - Supports the thyroid and brain health (best source is sea kelp)
• If your blood sugar goes too high, you’re going to get brain fog and problems with memory.
• If your blood sugar goes too low, you’re going to have irritability, and ADD.
• Serotonin - Is a pleasure hormone (build up serotonin with a good diet)
• Cortisol - Is a stress hormone that comes from stress and causes anxiety
• PMS - If there is a relationship between your cycle and your mood, you need to support your ovaries
• Thyroid - Can cause depression and apathy
• Without sleep, you’re going to have anxiety
Last updated: Feb 14, 2023 00:58 AM