How does magnesium effect mood?
There are a lot of things magnesium does in the body. Magnesium even has an interesting effect on neurotransmitters.
The effects magnesium can have on a person's mood:
1. Magnesium can increase serotonin (serotonin may make you feel calm, happy, and stress-free)
2. Magnesium can decrease cortisol (cortisol is a stress hormone)
3. Magnesium can lower adrenaline (this may help you sleep better)
4. Magnesium can increase GABA (a neurotransmitter involved in relaxation, feeling calm, and sleep)
5. Magnesium can increase melatonin (melatonin can help promote better sleep)
6. Magnesium can increase the parasympathetic nervous system (it can help promote calm)
7. Magnesium can decrease the sympathetic nervous system (the sympathetic nervous system can keep you from sleeping)
Last updated: Jan 21, 2023 19:55 PM