What are some unexpected benefits of magnesium?
Magnesium is a very important mineral. Magnesium is in hard water, mineral water, and leafy greens. Magnesium is not just essential for humans, but for plants too. Chlorophyll is like the blood of a plant, and a magnesium deficiency can inhibit a plant’s ability to make chlorophyll.
Chlorophyll is similar in chemistry to our blood. The magnesium in the chlorophyll causes the leaves of a plant to look green, and the iron in our blood makes it look red. There is a condition called chlorosis in plants caused by a magnesium deficiency. Chlorosis in humans is anemia and is caused by an iron deficiency. But, a person with anemia may even look a little green.
The unexpected benefits of magnesium:
1. It relieves muscle tightness
2. It boosts energy
3. It supports vitamin D bioavailability
4. It helps prevent calcium from depositing in the soft tissues
5. It can help relieve migraines
6. It supports your friendly bacteria
7. It can potentially help reduce paresthesia
8. It helps counter cortisol
9. It helps balance the parathyroid hormone
Last updated: Feb 03, 2023 22:44 PM