Ashwagandha Black Pepper
What's the most powerful adaptogen?
An adaptogen is something that helps you cope with stress and helps your body adjust to its environment. Ashwagandha has a lot of benefits, but we’re going to focus on how it can help you adapt to stress.
Ashwagandha has helped many people feel calmer and like they can cope with stress easier.
Ashwagandha helps control the HPA axis, which is the communication between your hypothalamus, pituitary, and adrenals. These hormonal communications help the body adapt to a stress response.
Once the communication is complete, the hormone is supposed to lower back down, but with chronic stress, cortisol never goes back down and is chronically elevated. Ashwagandha can help reduce these hormones.
Potential benefits of ashwagandha:
• It helps lower cortisol in the AM
• It helps lower DHEA (a precursor to cortisol) in the AM
• It helps raise testosterone (stress lowers testosterone)
• It helps increase endurance
• It helps increase strength (stress may cause weakness)
• It has shown significant improvements in emotions
Last updated: Jan 20, 2023 04:45 AM