Why I say belly not shrinking on Keto?
I explain ten reasons why you’re not losing belly fat on keto. I know you want your belly to shrink! But here are the reasons why it might not be:
1. You’re not doing keto correctly. And you may need to bring your carbs down to under 20 grams per day, along with moderate protein and the right amount of fat.
2. You’re not doing intermittent fasting, which decreases insulin and accelerates your results.
3. It’s working even though you think it is because your weight loss has slowed since you began. This is normal! Your goal is to get healthy, then lose weight.
4. You have a fatty liver, which reduces your capacity to make ketones and growth hormones and shed body fat. If your stomach is large, your body will have to rid itself of fat in the liver first before you can lose belly fat.
5. You’re gaining muscle. If you’re a menopausal woman, you may have lost a lot of muscle. Your body needs time to rebuild it.
6. You’re not exercising correctly, or at all. Exercise isn’t a primary tool for weight loss, but it will increase growth hormone and will tone your muscles. High-intensity exercise is best.
7. You’re actually bloated from the food you eat. It may be from vegetables or eating too much fat or food allergies.
8. You have other health problems such as thyroid issues or other hormonal problems. Focus on remedying other health problems.
9. It may be your medications. Common ones which prevent weight loss are statins and antidepressants. Work with your doctor to see if there’s an alternative.
10. Stress and lack of sleep can prevent losing belly fat. I’ve treated people by tweaking their sleep, and they started losing weight!
Last updated: Jan 23, 2023 02:50 AM